Applications for 2024 are now open and close on Friday 18th August 2023.
To enrol your child for preschool in 2024
A child may be eligible for enrolment in preschool from the beginning of the school year if they turn four years on or before 31st July of that year.
- You must be intending to start your child in Kindergarten in 2025 - our preschool program is one year, the year before the child is going to school. If you are not intending to send your child to Kindergarten in 2025 you will need to wait till next year to apply.
- You need to:
- Attend one of the enrolment open days.
- The open day will start with a Principal address and a school tour.
- On the open day, you will receive an application form to complete.
- You will need to bring:
- A copy of your child's birth certificate or identity documents.
- Proof of your residential address eg. council rates, residential lease or unitility account.
- Open Days:
- Wednesday 24th May 2023 @ 4pm
- Saturday 3rd June 2023 @ 9am
- Saturday 5th August 2023 @ 9am
- Wednesday 16th August 2023 @ 4pm
Applications close on Friday 18th August @ 3pm. All applications must be received by this date to be included in first-round offers.
General principles of enrolment
John Brotchie Nursery School is a department of education school and implements the current enrolment policy and procedures. John Brotchie Nursery School's enrolment applications consistently exceed the available positions, so it is important to note that placement is not guaranteed. A placement panel is formed to review all applications and allocate the positions.
Priority is given to:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children
- Children living in low socioeconomic circumstances
The placement panel will offer enrolment in the following order (after the above priorities):
- Children living in the Botany Public School local intake area
- Children living outside of the Botany School local intake area who have/had siblings at John Brotchie Nursery School or Botany Public School
- Children living outside the Botany Public School local intake area. Priority in this group is in the following order:
- Children living in a school's local intake area that does not have a department of education preschool.
- Children living in a school's local intake area that does have a department of education preschool.
You can find out your local school's intake area on the School Finder website